Spoonful of Sugar: A Sweet Exploration of Art in its Many Forms
Thursday, July 6th from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
SECCA Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art 750 Marguerite Drive, WS 27106
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/132776463955040
Free and open to the public!
Spoonful of Sugar is a free community art event that’s one part patient artwork, one part culinary design. Inspired by the work of artists like Wayne Thiebaud, young patients and family members at Brenner Children’s Hospital have been creating their own versions of sweet treats. Local bakers have chosen a patient art piece to recreate, and both the young artists’ designs and culinary creations will be on display at the event. Culinary creations will be raffled off and all proceeds will go directly back to support Arts For Life programs in the Triad. The purpose of Spoonful of Sugar is to promote Arts For Life’s work with pediatric patients and families at Brenner Children’s Hospital, and to showcase an artistic collaboration between patients and local culinary artists.
- Sweets-inspired artwork from young artists at Brenner Children’s Hospital will be on display, and patient-designed art prints and notecards will also be on sale.
- The event will showcase a collaboration between young artists in our programs at Brenner Children’s Hospital and local bakeries in the Triad area.
- There will be live music, a cake walk, and raffle prizes.
- Light bites and drinks are complimentary.
- This is an all-ages show and admission is free! All are welcome to attend.
- Participating bakeries: Camino Bakery, Dewey’s Bakery, Danielle Kattan, The Humble Bee, Midtown Cafe & Dessertery, Gigi’s Cupcakes, Cake & All Things Yummy, Lowe’s Foods, Salem Kitchen, and Baked Just SO