By Guest Blogger Emily Dodson
Summer is not over yet, and there are still plenty of days and weeks to enjoy a favorite summertime fruit! Today we feature mouth-watering recipes courtesy of Forsyth Family magazine. All of these recipes are easy and fun for the kids to help create and enjoy! ~ Katie
Summer sings of hot days by the pool and shady picnics in the park. Many of us have blissful memories of biting into that cool and refreshing slice of watermelon at a picnic or beach cook-out. This August, escape the summer heat and make some new watermelon recipes and fun!
(Kid-Friendly) Watermelon Salsa
- 3½ cups diced watermelon
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red onion, very finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- Sprinkle of salt
Mix together, chill, then serve.
Watermelon Raspberry Popsicles
- 2½ cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup white sugar
Put watermelon, raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender. Mix on high speed until smooth. Let kids pour into favorite ice pops and insert handles, then freeze several hours or overnight until completely frozen
Coconut Watermelon Smoothie
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed and frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or almond coconut blend
- 1 Tbsp stevia
- 2 cups ice (optional: use only if watermelon and strawberries are not frozen)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to an hour.
- lemon juice
- lime juice
- plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- red onion
- strawberries, frozen
- unsweetened almond milk or almond coconut blend
- white sugar