By Rachel Hoeing
Our 6th Annual TMoM Choice Awards contest kicks off on February 1, 2016! This contest celebrates all things parent-related in the Triad. We ask our readers to nominate the best of the best in categories ranging from the Best Gift Shop to the Best Daycare to the Best Sports Program.
There are TWO PHASES of this contest – the nomination period and the final voting period. Any business can be nominated, but only the ones with the most nominations will move to the final voting round.
We will have the same 30 categories as last year, and will award one winner per major city/area once again.
Triad areas will be grouped as follows:
Greensboro, Burlington & Surrounding Areas
Kernersville, High Point & Surrounding Areas
Winston-Salem, Clemmons & Surrounding Areas
Please take a moment to read our timeline and instructions carefully below. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. (Enter your email address here to subscribe to our newsletter and get reminders of contest nomination and voting periods.)
2016 Choice Awards Timeline
Feb 1, 2016 – Nominating begins! (Watch for a survey link posted on our blog this day.)
Feb 10, 2016 – Nominations Close
Feb 15, 2016 – The top 3 finalists for each city in each category are announced in today’s blog and a newsletter will be distributed. Finalist voting begins.
Feb 26, 2016 – Finalist voting Ends
Feb 29, 2016 – Winners are announced on our site and in the newsletter.
1. Favorite Birthday Party Venue/Service/Entertainment
2. Favorite Local Children’s Clothing Store/Boutique
3. Favorite Local Women’s Clothing Store/Boutique
4. Favorite Seasonal Children’s Consignment Sale
5. Favorite Consignment Store (clothing and/or furniture)
6. Favorite Salon and/or Spa
7. Favorite Restaurant for a Ladies Lunch
8. Favorite Restaurant for a Date Night
9. Favorite Kid-Friendly Restaurant
10. Favorite Sweets Shop (fro-yo, ice cream, cupcakes, candy, etc.)
11. Favorite Local Gift Shop
12. Favorite Health & Wellness Facility or Service (gym, health club, nutritionist, trainer, etc)
13. Favorite Local Photographer
14. Favorite Home Improvement Business (interior design, contractor, builder, etc)
15. Favorite Local Realtor/Agent
16. Favorite OB/Gyn Doctor
17. Favorite Family or Pediatric Dentist
18. Favorite Family Orthodontist
19. Favorite Pediatrician
20. Favorite Private School
21. Favorite Preschool
22. Favorite Child Care Facility or Service (including Before/After School Care)
23. Favorite Summer Camp
24. Favorite Child Enrichment Program (dance, language, music, art, theater, etc)
25. Favorite Child Sports Program or Facility
26. Favorite Rainy Day Destination for Kids
27. Favorite Place to Board and/or Groom Your Pet
28. Favorite Local Mompreneur (Mom who has started her own business)
These two categories will only have one Triad-wide winner:
29. Favorite Triad Family Event
30. Favorite Local Print Publication
Tune in on February 1st to nominate your favorites!!
*Most categories ask for a nomination for each Triad area. You are not required to make a nomination for every area or every category, but we do ask that you enter a nomination for at least five different categories throughout the survey.
* In order to keep consistency and fairness to all those nominated, we will not be allowing “teams” or “partners” to be nominated this year for medical and realtor categories. Each of those categories will ask for one professional.
* Only one nomination form per email address will be accepted.