By TMoM Team Member Sandy Harper
In today’s Friday Finds:
- Lower School Open Houses at New Garden Friends School
- Worldwide Playlist: Dancing Around the Globe
- Family Valentine Fun at Kaleideum Saturday, February 11
- Time to Nominate for the 13th Annual TMoM Choice Awards
Lower School Open Houses at New Garden Friends School
NGFS believes children deserve to spend their days in a learning community that knows and respects them, not for whom they may become, but for the people they are today. Their design of curriculum, activities, and expectations honor the developing minds, bodies, and hearts of their students. Taking children’s ideas and questions seriously, makes their intellectual inquiry boundless. Learn more about NGFS Kindergarten and Lower School programs at their “Explore. Discover. Grow” admissions events on the Lower School campus at 1128 New Garden Road.
TK & Kindergarten Playground Open House
Saturday, February 4, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Siblings are welcome to attend and enjoy the fun on the playground.
Lower School (grades 1-6) Customized Visits
Tuesday, February 7, 8:30-10 a.m.
Guests will have the opportunity to meet staff and discuss the school experience they seek for their child.
Worldwide Playlist: Dancing Around the Globe
The Winston-Salem Symphony presents a sensory-friendly concert at 3 p.m. on Sunday, February 5, at R.J. Reynolds Auditorium. The show will be a world of fun for all families as the conductor leads a musical journey around the globe. Attendees will experience orchestral music from North and South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East and learn about the rhythms native to global cultures.
Festivities start at 2 p.m. with interactive craft activities with Wake Forest University’s Museum of Anthropology and Kaleideum and drumming with Tam Tam Mandingue. Tickets start at $18 and can be purchased online or by calling the Box Office at (336) 464-0145.
Family Valentine Fun at Kaleideum Saturday, February 11
Bring the family to Kaleideum North for dinner, dancing, Valentine’s crafts, and more on Saturday, February 11, 6-9 pm.
- Enjoy a child-friendly catered dinner.
- Dance to tunes spun by the “Friendly Neighborhood DJ.”
- Explore the museum through a scavenger hunt and be entered to win a prize.
- Take a family portrait with photographer Devin Lane who will email a photo to you after the event.
- Check out a Valentine’s themed laser show in the planetarium.
$20 per member adult; $15 per member child. $25 per non-member adult; $20 per non-member child
Click here to register!
Time to Nominate for the 13th Annual TMoM Choice Awards
Nominations for the 2023 TMoM Choice Awards has started! In order to keep our nomination categories as concise as possible, they are grouped by Triad cities.
- Greensboro, Burlington & Surrounding Areas (includes Summerfield, Reidsville, Oak Ridge, and Mebane)
- High Point, Kernersville & Surrounding Areas (includes Jamestown, Thomasville, Archdale, Trinity, Lexington and Asheboro)
- Winston-Salem, Clemmons & Surrounding Areas (includes Advance, Yadkinville, Lewisville, Mocksville, King, Pfafftown, and Mt. Airy)
The nominations close on February 9th at midnight. So make sure you get a chance to nominate by clicking here!
For more information on the 13th Annual TMoM Choice Awards and other award dates, visit here.
*Today’s Friday Finds is sponsored by New Garden Friends School, Winston-Salem Symphony and Kaleideum.