By Rachel Hoeing

Exciting events are popping up all over the Triad. Get details on the following in today’s Sunday Spotlight:

~ The Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem’s 2015 Storybook Soiree
~ HearSay Relay and Family Fun Day
~ The Winston-Salem Open
~ Friendly Avenue Christian Preschool’s Mommy & Me Consignment Sale

Save the Date!

2015 Soiree - Header FinalThe Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem will be hosting the 2015 Storybook Soiree at 7:00 PM on September 11th at the Millennium Center in Downtown Winston-Salem. A spellbinding one night only fundraising event for ages 21+, the 2015 Storybook Soiree will be based on the wizarding world of Harry Potter. The event will feature potent potions, bewitching small bites, live and silent auctions, and more! Spellbinding cocktail attire is suggested. Storybook Soiree is the largest annual fundraiser for the Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem. Proceeds from Soiree help to ensure that the Museum is able to provide high quality educational programming and a magical experience for our visitors. At the Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem, all visitors are welcome. With a variety of programs, exhibits, field trips and more, CMWS is the perfect place for inquisitive young minds to challenge themselves and grow. Tickets and information are available online at:


HearSay Relay and Family Fun Day

Join Brenner Children’s Hospital to defeat hearing loss, Saturday, September19, 9 am – Noon, BB&T Ballpark. The HearSay Relay and Family Fun Day is a community event to raise awareness for the signs of hearing loss in small children; to support research projects for hearing rehabilitation; and to support continuing education for therapists and teachers of early intervention.
Activities will include:

wf_hearsayrelay_logo_v4• Children’s and Adult Relay Races
• Inflatable playground
• Silent Auction
• Vendor Fair
• Education Fair
• Face painting
• Prizes and more…

The goals for the 2015 HearSay event:
• To bring families closer together to show their friends and families the importance of community awareness
• To raise awareness for the challenges faced by friends and families affected by hearing loss
• To raise awareness for the programs available at Brenner Children’s Hospital, including the hearing loss and cochlear implant teams.
Click here for more information.


Winston-Salem Open

From August 22-29, the Wake Forest Tennis Complex will play host to the Winston-Salem Open. This year’s ATP World Tour 250 Event is the fifth year of competition for the tournament.  This year’s tournament will welcome 48 of the world’s top players and 16 of the top doubles teams. The singles field features 16 players in the top 50 of the ATP rankings with Tsonga, David Goffin and Sam Querrey. Tickets for the Winston-Salem Open are now on sale starting at just $5 and ranging up to $49.  The tournament is also excited to bring numerous special events to this year’s edition, including Kids Day, Family Movie Night, a Food Truck Festival, and Ladies day. To purchase tickets to the tournament, see a full list of special events, to see who is competing in this year’s field or for any other information you might need, please visit


Attention Consignors!

Friendly Website LogoMoms – it’s time to gather the forgotten toys and the outgrown children’s clothes, in addition to new or gently used clothing you’re willing to part with! Friendly Avenue Christian Preschool is seeking consignors for its Fall/ Winter Mommy & Me Consignment Sale on September 10-12 at Friendly Avenue Baptist Church, 4800 West Friendly Avenue in Greensboro. Consignors of infant through teen attire, shoes, toys, sporting equipment, furniture, strollers and highchairs, car seats, baby gear, feeding items, books, videos and other children’s items are also invited to sell women’s clothing (current styles only). Consignors will receive 70% of the profit from all items they sell, with the other 30% being a tax-deductible contribution to FACP. The deadline for consignor registration is September 1. To register, call FACP at (336) 292-3578 or visit Sale dates/times: 6pm-7:30pm on Thursday, September 10, 9am-6pm on Friday, September 11 and 8am-12pm on Saturday, September 12.


Today’s Sunday Spotlight is sponsored by the Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem, Brenner Children’s Hospital, the Winston-Salem Open, and Friendly Avenue Christian Preschool.