By Kelly Hines
Choosing the right educational path for our children is a serious and deeply personal issue. For many of us, that path is Christian education at a private institution. Once you’ve done the research and made a decision, the reality sets in – how are we going to pay for this?
That’s why Calvary Baptist Day School is so excited to introduce Variable Tuition, a new approach to providing a quality Christian education to as many families as possible. At Calvary, no student pays more than 80% of the total cost of their education. The remaining 20% is paid for by the generosity of donors and corporate sponsors. With Variable Tuition, a family may pay 80%, or as low as 40% of the total cost of education, depending on the unique financial situation of the family.
And Calvary Baptist Day School really does tailor Variable Tuition to each family. Every family who feels tuition may be a financial hardship is invited to complete a comprehensive application. To maintain confidentiality, applications are sent to a third party company, who determines if the family qualifies and then makes a recommendation for tuition to the Calvary administration. Your personal financial information remains private, and the recommendation is completely impartial.
Any family (even those already enrolled) of a kindergarten through twelfth grade student may apply to see if they qualify for Variable Tuition. Some families are concerned about providing a private Christian education for multiple children. If I enroll my fifth grader, will I be able to handle the tuition of my third grade and first grade children as well? It’s a stumbling block that prevents many families from choosing private education. Calvary Baptist Day School knows this, and so income, assets, expenses, and the size of your family are some of the many factors that are considered by the third party company.
The goal of Calvary’s Variable Tuition is to open the doors to a high quality Christian education to as many families as possible. Through this program, this educational option becomes reasonable to families who may have thought it out of reach, and it becomes a reality for children who might otherwise not have the opportunity. Variable Tuition breaks down the barrier to private education, making it accessible, affordable, and available to everyone.
Calvary Baptist Day School offers a high quality Christian education to over 600 students from Early Education through twelfth Grade. They are jointly accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). CBDS offers a wide variety of academic and enrichment classes, and a college preparatory program committed to excellence. In addition to academic courses, CBDS offers a wide variety of arts and enrichment classes and a full complement of athletic teams, giving students all the benefits of a well rounded education. Centrally located in the Triad in Winston-Salem, CBDS’s campus features state of the art classrooms, the latest technology, and a faculty who is committed to providing the very best education to their students.
For more information on the Variable Tuition program, watch this video, or contact Pam Dell’Aquila at email@example.com, 336-714-5479. Visit the school’s website at Calvary Baptist Day School.
*Sponsored by Calvary Baptist Day School
This is a fantastic idea.