By Guest Blogger Ellen Bryant Lloyd
School is out and summer is in full force — YAY!! The more relaxed months of summer are the ideal time to travel to faraway lands, experience other cultures, immerse yourself in relationship “soap operas,” explore other periods in history or become a detective — all from the comfort of your poolside/beachside chair! I have many friends who often say that summer is their favorite time of year because they actually have time to read books that have been on their metaphorical bedside tables for months.
Even if you have titles for summer reading in mind, I believe there is always room to add a few more to the list. I have suggested books that cover all types of interests — from historical fiction and suspense-filled thrillers to books with challenging topics and light, fun reads. There are new releases, books with a lot of buzz, books by favorite authors and titles by debut authors “to watch.” I am sure you will find several books that will be welcome additions to your pool/beach bag! Happy summer reading!
– What’s Mine and Yours by Naima Coster
– Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid
– The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
– Shoulder Season by Christina Clancy
– Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
– The Other Black Girl by Zakiya Dalila Harris
– All Adults Here by Emma Straub
– That Summer by Jennifer Weiner
– Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
– The Ice Swan by J’Nell Ciesielski
– Somebody’s Daughter: A Memoir by Ashley C. Ford
– The Siren by Katherine St. John
– Talk Bookish to Me by Kate Bromley
– Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand
– The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi
– One Two Three by Laurie Frankel
– The Husbands by Chandler Baker
– The Color of Air by Gail Tsukiyama
– The Secrets We Keep by Kate Hewitt
– How Lucky by Will Leitch
– The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams
– The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin
– The Most Beautiful Girl in Cuba by Chanel Cleeton
– The Plot by Jean Hanff Korelitz
– People We Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry
– The Guilt Trip by Sandie Jones
– While We Were Dating by Jasmine Guillory
– The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller
– Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan
Ellen Bryant Lloyd is the author of FRECKLES and FRECKLES and The Great Beach Rescue. Please visit funwithfreckles.com and facebook.com/funwithfreckles to learn more about Freckles. Ellen writes a blog about her perspectives on life and parenting at mindfulmom.wordpress.com and tweets at @EllenBLloyd. She lives in Greensboro with her husband and two children.
Read more Book Nook blogs here!
Want to see more blogs like this and get notifications on local events and happenings? Subscribe to Triad Moms on Main’s free weekly newsletters here.