Think about the men on your gift list: nephews, uncles, husbands, fathers, brothers, in-laws, neighbors and more. Think about their personalities and how they are all completely different. Today I am featuring 15 different gifts for 15 different personalities.
I hope these will give you some inspiration in your gift-giving this year. If you have more gift ideas for men, please share them by commenting below!
So think about the man whom you are shopping for:
1. If he likes romance: Consider tickets to the symphony. Not only will you be supporting local musicians, but you will be guaranteeing yourself a date night if he happens to be your significant other! Both the Greensboro Symphony and the Winston-Salem Symphony have a wide range of musical performances to intrigue even those who may not think the symphony is “their thing.” This is a great idea to give to couples (neighbors, in-laws) as well.
2. If he likes bromance: Consider tickets to see his favorite football team play. You may also consider tickets to local baseball games. You can purchase tickets now for the 2014Winston-Salem Dash, Hi Toms and Greensboro Grasshoppers.
3. If he loves yard work: How about a new leaf blower? The ones that you can wear as a backpack are awesome! Or how about a new lawn mower? Or a new chainsaw? Stop by your local hardware store and browse the aisles to see what is available. You can also show support to our sponsor, Ace Hardware in North Greensboro or Cloverdale Ave, Winston-Salem by purchasing outdoor equipment there. (Like their facebook pages through the links to get the scoop on sales and other offers.) Other ideas are garden caddies filled with new tools, monogrammed gardening gloves, or a new hat to wear while working outdoors. I love the hats found at Great Outdoor Provision Company (stores in WS and GSO) and also the ones found online at Cabela’s.
4. If he hates yard work: How about a lawn care service for a couple months or even the entire year? Not only will you be letting this man in your life know he is off the hook with yard work, but his family will reap the benefits of a beautiful yard! A few that our TMoM team recommends are Blue Grass Lawn & Landscapes in High Point, Larmore Landscape Associatesin Winston-Salem, and Lambert’s Lawncare & Landscape Design in Greensboro.
5. If he loves golf: How about personalizing and framing his best game? (See example here.) You can order something like this online, or even do it yourself by purchasing a shadow box at a local arts & crafts store. Or how about personalized golf balls, like the ones shown at Red Envelope? If he likes golf AND has a good sense of humor, this Potty Putter is hilarious!
6. If he loves football: Score More Sports Collectibles is one of my favorite locally owned places to shop for your sports lover. Visit their website online, or stop by their store in Winston-Salem. You are sure to find the perfect gift for your football fan! The holidays are also a great time to splurge on a pop-up tent with your gift recipient’s favorite football team displayed on it. This website called Buy Shade has a large variety of styles and sizes from which to choose.
7. If he likes beer: This beer soap is so unique! I bet he would also like a growler from River Birch Lodge. He can pop in and fill the growler up at the bar! Or what about a Beer of the Month Club? I also love this Barware Crate. Lastly, how about one of our favorite gift ideas made by local men right here in the Triad – Cap-A-Cooz!
8. If he likes wine: This personalized wine cellar sign is amazing! I l also love the idea of planning a day at a local vineyard. (Or stop by a few different ones!) Visit our Date Night Directory to see a list of local wineries.
9. If he would rather be sober: How about an assortment of Mio Liquid Water Enhancers? Delish! A Keurig is a fabulous gift idea, and they make K-cups for things such as Snapple drinks, too! Lastly, how about a gift card for a local coffee shop? Support local and stop by DeBeen Espresso, Ardmore Coffee, or The Green Bean.
10. If he loves the 70’s: How about this 70’s Music Trivia game? Or what about a disco ball for the man cave? How about a 70’s puzzle? And who could resist some tie-dyed fashion?
11. If he loves the 80’s: I love these glasses with pictures of “mix tapes” on them where people can write their own names and song titles. Check out this arcade cabinet for iPads! The 80’s Trivial Pursuit game is always a winner. And I love this personalized Pop Art that is so totally 80’s!
12. If he is a family man: This family glassware is too cute. You could also consider family portraits. Visit our Favorite Photographer Directory here. This family tree print kit would look beautiful in an office.
13. If he is swingin’ single: A single guy would probably love nothing more than gift cards for fast food places or for fine dining where he can take a date. A gift card for electronics is usually always a winner. (itunes, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Apple Store, etc.) And straight from the mouths of single men, “You can never go wring with a watch, wallet or socks. Seriously, we need them and won’t buy them for ourselves.”
14. If he is athletic: How about a membership to the local Y? This is the gift that keeps on giving! What about planning a ski trip or a trip that includes hiking in the mountains? Or if you would like to do athletic or outdoorsy clothing, two great websites that we love are Sierra Trading Post and The Clymb.
15. If he would rather not get sweaty: How about this Man Crate poker set? If he likes chess, these sets are beautiful! How about a unique board game like the Awkward Family Photos game? Have you ever considered a massage or pedicure/manicure for the men on your list? They usually enjoy those gifts more than you would guess!
Happy Shopping and be sure to check out these other gift-giving ideas below! (Don’t worry … we still have more to come!)