All kinds of women on your list, all kids of ideas for gifts! For this gift list I tried to stick to all local gift-giving ideas, some of which are tangible items, others of which are experiences. Whether you are buying for your aunt, your sister, your neighbor, your friend, your mom, or yourself, I hope my ideas below will give you a bit of inspiration!
Click on the name of each idea to visit the corresponding website.
If She Loves Art
1. Art & Soul Workshops – Two local women are hosting celebratory workshops on improving your quality of life. They will give you the tools and a creative outlet to renew your energy and feed your soul.
2. High Point Art, Antique and Design Center – Humongous building with room after room of surprises. Over 44 local vendors selling a mix of antiques, reproductions, accessories, fabrics, books, artwork, costume jewelry, pottery, glassware and metalware.
3. Sawtooth Classes – Choose any type of class from ceramics to photography to printmaking.
4. Jamestown Pottery – One of a kind hand built and wheel thrown pottery, metalwork jewelry and original paintings created by local artists. They also offer fun workshops for small groups or large parties of 10 or more!
5. Wine & Design, Little Blank Canvas and Merlot & Van Gogh – three fun -filled establishments where she can create her own piece of art!
If She is Adventurous
1. US National Whitewater Center – Giving a gift certificate for a day here would be amazing! Your gift recipient can experience zip-lining, canopy tours, white-water rafting, kayaking and more.
2. Kersey Valley Zip-lines – With 14 zip-lines and over 1.5 miles of cable , this is one of the largest in the world and it is right here in the Triad!
3. Zaloo’s Canoes – A fun way to spend a day in the spring or summer, but a great idea for a gift certificate now! Located past Wilkesboro, this is a perfect Day Trip idea.
If She Loves Jewelry
1. Rustic Cuffs – I found these at Hip Chics in Clemmons and they are so stylish and unique!
2. Mustache Necklace – Hilarious and trendy! Found at ME & E in Greensboro.
3. Jewelry at Splurges – Splurges Boutique has some of the most unique jewelry pieces that I have seen. Stop by their store in Greensboro to see the wide assortment. A picture of Liquid Time & Co pieces is on the right.
4. Stella and Dot – If you have yet to attend a Stella & Dot show you are missing out! Their jewelry is absolutely breath-taking. Although the company is nation-wide, you can help out local reps by visiting the website and searching for a stylist near you.
5. Brighton and Pandora – both of jewelry these lines can be found at HangUps, which is conveniently located at the Palladium Shopping Center, close to High Point and Greensboro.
6. Simon Jewelers – This is the place to go if you want a piece of jewelry that will make a statement and last a lifetime.
Hearts On Fire, Tacori, Martin Flyer, Pandora, Slane, Charriol, Simon G, and Philip Stein are just a few of the designers that Simon Jewelers carries.
If She Loves Decorating
So many stores, so little time! The Triad is filled with amazing stores with unique home decor to fit any style. A few of our locally owned favorites are Meg Brown Home Furnishings, Gilded Lily By Patra, Kim Taylor & Co, Daisy’s Designer Alley,House of Plants, Dwell Interiors, Ten Thousand Villages, Nekkid Dave Life & Home, All Through the House, and Belle Maison.
If She Loves to Cook
1. Southern Home and Kitchen – This locally owned shop is not only filled with classic kitchen lines like All Clad, Krups Coffee Makers, Nordic Ware, oxo/Good Grips, Stonewall Kitchen, and Vietri, but they also offer cooking classes, which would be a fantastic gift idea!
2. Tour de Food – If she loves to cook, I am guessing she loves to eat, so let her experience culinary dishes all over the Triad with these Gourmet Food Walking Tours!
3. Cooking Classes at Green Valley Grill – Chef Leigh Hesling of Green Valley Grill and Print Works Bistro prepares three courses with cooking tips and recipes.
4. The Bee’s Nest Boutique – Located inside of both the North Greensboro Ace Hardware store and the Cloverdale Ave Ace Hardware stores, the Bee’s Nest is filled with kitchen gadgets, serving pieces, utensils, hand towels, storage containers, and just about anything else you might need in the kitchen. They always have Ace Hardware coupons online or in the papers that can be used here, so be on the lookout!
5. The Extra Ingredient – This kitchen and gourmet store located in Friendly Center has an assortment of well-known brands of kitchen and tabletop items, specialty foods, coffees and teas. They also have many brands that are difficult to find and serve as great gifts for anyone who loves to be in the kitchen.
If She is Athletic
1. YMCA – If she doesn’t already have a membership to the Y, this is the way to go. The classes, the equipment, the fellowship, and the staff are all just amazing. It is much more than just a place to work out.
2. Ski and Tennis Station – Apparel for ski, snowboarding, tennis, lacrosse, wakeboarding and skateboarding! A locally owned favorite in Winston-Salem since 1977!
3. Pure Barre – Pure Barre is a total body workout that utilizes the ballet barre to perform small, isometric movements, which burn fat, sculpt muscles and create long, lean physiques. Locally owned locations in both Winston-Salem and Greensboro.
4. Fleet Feet and Off & Running – Locally owned businesses that sell absolutely everything you need if you have a passion for fitness.
If She Loves Personalized Items
1. Kim Taylor & Co – This store has an extremely wide assortment of monogrammed items, including purses & bags, jewelry, serving pieces, stationery and even shoes! (A few items are pictured on the right.)
2. Invitations Only – Another gift shop with many personalized gift from which to choose. Stationery is just one of the many choices!
3. Hang Ups – Their jewelry is just one of the many items that you can have personalized for the women on your list!
4. Be Creative – Online shopping experience created by two women in Greensboro. Adorable personalized items including jewelry and stationery.
5. Thirty-One Gifts – Thirty-one has items that would please anyone on your gift list and they can almost all be monogrammed! Visit the website and search for a local consultant near you.
6. Meg’s Gifts – Engravable and monogammable gifts for everyone. Items range from frames to bags to scarves to collegiate items!
If She Loves Clothes
The Triad’s locally owned boutiques are not only fashion forward, but the staff in the shops just seem to always have the right suggestions. If you are unsure about purchasing an actual item, gift certificates are always a great option. Some of our favorite boutiques for clothing are The Painted Frog, Simply Meg’s, Mainstream Boutique, Monkee’s of Irving Park,Monkee’s of the Village, Wright Choices, Palm Avenue, Rebecca & Co, Lara’s Favorite Things, Gaia, Hip Chics, Simply Sterling, and Splurges.
If She Loves Pampering
1. Momsanity Sisterhood – This is a program to pamper your physical and spiritual body. Momsanity focuses on Faith, Fitness, Nutrition and Motherhood. An amazing program to give any woman a kick-start on finding her better self.
2. Massages, Facials, Manis and Pedis – Always a favorite gift for women! Utopia Salon is offering 20% off for first time visitors. We also love Balance Day Spa, which has locations in Burlington, Kernersville, Greensboro and High Point.
3. Grandover Resort – Suggest this one to your significant other! The New Year’s Package deal in the link sounds amazing!
4. McCall’s – purchase some comfort comfortable sleepwear that will make any woman feel like a princess!