By Guest Blogger Mike Smith
Guilford Technical Community College, long known as one of the best and most affordable educational options in the Triad, offers up summer fun. From June 13-17, your teen can take part in Titan Tech summer sessions. This is a weeklong series of educational workshops disguised as fun and adventure.
Summer adventures for your teens are right around the corner. It’s a great time to introduce them to a world of cutting-edge technology as they explore an array of exciting careers.
About Titan Tech
From cooking to photography to cyber investigation and much more, Titan Tech sessions are filled with engaging, hands-on experiences. These sessions allow your teen to explore the coolest potential careers.
You won’t have to worry about your child being bored at this camp! All sessions offer a low faculty-participant ratio with intensive curriculum. Activities change daily. GTCC’s unique, innovative facilities are utilized with the college’s highly trained faculty serving as counselors.
The cost of the five-day camp is just $230. Sessions run 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
All Titan Tech summer sessions meet on the Jamestown campus. The exception is for Let’s Make a Record, which meets on the High Point campus.
Descriptions of Each Session
- CULINARY CURIOUS – a fun, fast-paced experience of work in a top restaurant-styled kitchen. Award-winning faculty will teach the fundamentals of cooking, baking and a variety of awesome techniques to create delicious dishes with flair.
- DESTINATION DELICIOUS – a session centered around teaching the fast-paced world of food-truck cooking, utilizing the GTCC Green Machine food truck and mobile cooking laboratory. Students will learn about running a small business, managing demanding customers and creating a scrumptious menu in this one-of-a-kind summer camp experience.
- THE SCRUB LIFE – a week-long dive into health care careers and their critical importance to our survival. For students thinking about a career in a medical profession, this session is a must. Participants will follow a realistic traumatic event from start to finish, from accident-scene emergency treatment to emergency room care, surgery, recovery, rehab and after care.
- DIGITAL ART AND DESIGN – an opportunity to see the design world from the inside out, creating graphics and illustrations that inspire. From logos to shirt graphics to phone apps to concert posters, this is an intense journey through the design process.
- CYBER TITANS WORKSHOP – an exploration of the foundations of cybercrime and digital forensics. Using industry-standard forensic tools and hands-on investigation, participants will learn the ins and outs of hacking basics.
- IRON MAN’S FAB LAB – offers the perfect fit for a student who loves hands-on work and is interested in welding. Students will use electrical plasma welding and perform manual robotic welding while learning basic welding safety, MIG welding and robotic welding programming fundamentals.
- PHANTASTIC PHOTOS AND VIRALICIOUS VIDEO 101 – teaches students the latest in professional photography and videography techniques to produce amazing images and attention-grabbing videos. While focused on creating meaningful, engaging content, participants will work with award-winning faculty and industry professionals.
- LET’S MAKE A RECORD – gives an inclusive behind-the-scenes look at audio production during the creation, recording, modifying and mastering of music in the studio. By week’s end students will take home their completed project and will have gained experience working with microphones, signal processors, synthesizers, virtual instruments, recording software, and other professional studio equipment.
*Sponsored by Guilford Technical Community College