By TMoM Team Member Rachel Hoeing
In today’s Sunday Spotlight …
– Ice Skating at Piedmont Winterfest
– Music Lessons from Duo Licht
– Where to Find Holiday Events
Ice Skating at Piedmont Winterfest
Outdoor ice skating with WFMY News 2 Piedmont Winterfest is back for a 12th season! This annual tradition in Downtown Greensboro is especially fun for any family, couple, really anyone of any age looking for a fun and unique experience! The lights, music and atmosphere will unquestionably get you into that holiday spirit. In addition, take a break while skating and snap a picture in the photo booth. You can also choose to visit one of the nearby restaurants for a snack or a meal and be sure to check out all that Downtown Greensboro has to offer during the holidays.
The outdoor ice skating rink is located at 106 Barnhardt St just off of Elm Street. Schedules are available at piedmontwinterfest.com. Expanded skating schedules are available during the holiday break and the rink will remain open through January 30, 2022. In addition, online registration for skating sessions is available.
Music Lessons from Duo Licht
Duo Licht – an established violin and viola duo (Andy Licht – Violin; Lilian-Terri Dahlenburg – Viola) is offering music lessons for violin, viola and music theory/composition.
With commitment to practice and regular lessons they believe that anyone is capable of making music at a high level. Duo Licht teaches violin, viola and theory/composition lessons to students of any age. In addition, they place emphasis on learning proper instrument technique as well as “how to practice.” As a result, these elements allow students to make a better tone, learn new music easier, and feel confident in their own skills on their instrument.
Andy and Lilian believe that teaching and performing go hand in hand, and that they are both equally important. They have taught from method books including: Suzuki, and The Royal Conservatory of Canada.
The Photo is by Southernbelle Photography @southernbellepix
Where to Find Holiday Events
When it comes to holiday events in the Triad area, our website is the only place you need to look! Triad Moms on Main has numerous resources for you!
- First off, every Monday we publish a blog with holiday events listed for that specific week. You can visit our Home Page or the Blog Roll to find it each Monday.
- In addition, our event calendar is updated daily with new holiday events, plus non-holiday related events! Find it here.
- At the top of our event page we always have six featured events of fun things to do in the Triad area. For the month of December, most will be holiday-related.
- Also, we have two directories that you don’t want to miss. One is our Holiday Lights and Parades. The second is Where to Find Santa! You can always find these on our Directories page.
- Finally, become a newsletter subscriber! We send out our newsletter each Wednesday full of holiday fun to be had. Sign up here!
Today’s spotlight is sponsored by Piedmont Winterfest and Duo Licht.
Want to see more blogs like this and get notifications on local events and happenings? Subscribe to our free weekly newsletters here.