By Rachel Hoeing
UPDATE: Finalists have been announced and voting begins February 15, 2016 through February 26, 2016. CLICK HERE to see the list of finalists and to cast your vote. Winners announced on February 29, 2016!
Our 6th Annual TMoM Choice Awards contest kicks off TODAY! This contest celebrates all things parent-related in the Triad. We ask our readers to nominate the best of the best in categories ranging from the Best Gift Shop to the Best Daycare to the Best Sports Program.
There are TWO PHASES of this contest – the nomination period and the final voting period. Any business can be nominated, but only the ones with the most nominations will move to the final voting round.
We will have the same 30 categories as last year, and will award one winner per major city/area once again.
Triad areas will be grouped as follows:
Greensboro, Burlington & Surrounding Areas
Kernersville, High Point & Surrounding Areas
Winston-Salem, Clemmons & Surrounding Areas
Please take a moment to read our timeline and instructions carefully below. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. (Enter your email address here to subscribe to our newsletter and get reminders of contest nomination and voting periods.)
2016 Choice Awards Timeline
Feb 1, 2016 – Nominating begins! Click HERE to nominate! (This phase has now ended.)
Feb 10, 2016 – Nominations Close at midnight
Feb 15, 2016 – The top 3 finalists for each city in each category are announced in today’s blog and a newsletter will be distributed. Finalist voting begins.
Feb 26, 2016 – Finalist voting Ends at midnight
Feb 29, 2016 – Winners are announced on our site and in the newsletter.
This blog can always be found by clicking the Choice Awards Logo at the bottom of our website.
1. Favorite Birthday Party Venue/Service/Entertainment
2. Favorite Local Children’s Clothing Store/Boutique
3. Favorite Local Women’s Clothing Store/Boutique
4. Favorite Seasonal Children’s Consignment Sale
5. Favorite Consignment Store (clothing and/or furniture)
6. Favorite Salon and/or Spa
7. Favorite Restaurant for a Ladies Lunch
8. Favorite Restaurant for a Date Night
9. Favorite Kid-Friendly Restaurant
10. Favorite Sweets Shop (fro-yo, ice cream, cupcakes, candy, etc.)
11. Favorite Local Gift Shop
12. Favorite Health & Wellness Facility or Service (gym, health club, nutritionist, trainer, etc)
13. Favorite Local Photographer
14. Favorite Home Improvement Business (interior design, contractor, builder, etc)
15. Favorite Local Realtor/Agent
16. Favorite OB/Gyn Doctor
17. Favorite Family or Pediatric Dentist
18. Favorite Family Orthodontist
19. Favorite Pediatrician
20. Favorite Private School
21. Favorite Preschool
22. Favorite Child Care Facility or Service (including Before/After School Care)
23. Favorite Summer Camp
24. Favorite Child Enrichment Program (dance, language, music, art, theater, etc)
25. Favorite Child Sports Program or Facility
26. Favorite Rainy Day Destination for Kids
27. Favorite Place to Board and/or Groom Your Pet
28. Favorite Local Mompreneur (Mom who has started her own business)
These two categories will only have one Triad-wide winner:
29. Favorite Triad Family Event
30. Favorite Local Print Publication
Best of luck to all nominees and participants! Just in case you missed the link above, click HERE to nominate! (This phase has now ended.)
*Most categories ask for a nomination for each Triad area. You are not required to make a nomination for every area or every category, but we do ask that you enter a nomination for at least five different categories throughout the survey.
* In order to keep consistency and fairness to all those nominated, we will not be allowing “teams” or “partners” to be nominated this year for medical and realtor categories. Each of those categories will ask for one professional.
* Only one nomination form per email address will be accepted.
Chermack and Hanson are the #1 orthodontist in Winston Salem and Clemmons area. The staff and doctors are wonderful loving and caring people. They are always there when you need them. They deserve the 2016 nomination. I couldn’t ask for anyone better to take care of me.
Inspired Memories Photography will get my vote and my business year after year for every special event we celebrate. She is like a best friend to the kids (my girls are teens) and she consulted with me to be sure she got any special shots I wanted. But I really didn’t need to say a word because she will get the best shots and show your child’s true beauty and personality. And her makeup artist and hair stylist is just as sweet and talented. Please check out her website.You will never regret a photo session done with Jen Memory. My 13 year old dreaded it. And halfway through the shoot she said “Mama this is fun. I thought you got us some grumpy old man photographer(-that must be her experience with a school photographer). This is a blast.” They LOVED Jen and Heather. And would have done another shoot the next day. Please don’t forget to vote and even if you don’t know Jen please read the reviews those of us who know her are giving. She is amazing! And please give her your vote:)
My vote always goes to Jen Memory at Inspired Memorys. She does a great job! She is a sweetheart and very professional and easy to work with. We have many beautiful family photos that I will always treasure! ❤️
#13 – Jenny Sherouse Photography. She provided amazing photos of my family that I will cherish forever.
Best Lanscaping Company goes to Earthtrends! Clemmons NC
Best place to board/groom pet: Mt. Tabor boarding and grooming
Best landscape contractor Yards By Us!
#1 best birthday party! Kids love it and learn while they are there!
16. Best OB/GYN
Dr. Sheronette Cousins
Heather Houglan McGinnis- beautifully talented photographer who puts her heart and soul into every photo.
This is very friendly practice run by a Mother…
And kids can grow to be Patients with Dr, Hatch in the same Location.
15. Favorite Local Realtor/Agent-Jamie Harrelson Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas Realty #1 Realtor
Triangle Fitness, in Kernersville, is a family owned gym that has al lot to offer. It has a friendly staff, huge workout area, plenty of cardio machines, several classes daily and an indoor cross-train area. Triangle Fitness also has an indoor kids playground for kids to play in while you workout.
Spa at highland oak in Winston-Salem. This is s great spa! They are a kind and caring staff. I have enjoyed all their services. I leave there feeling beautiful and an refreshed.
Inspired Mwmories has my vote for best photographer. She did an awesome job taking photos of my children and grandchildren! Thank you, Jen Memory?
Chermack & Hanson are my daughter’s orthodontic providers in winston salem/clemmons, I could not imagine receiving better care anywhere else. They are fantastic and would love to see them nominated. Have gave them many recommendations.