Burlington Recreation & Parks
- Thursday, September 17 at 5:30 pm
Haw River Trail – Glencoe Paddle Access – 2348 Glencoe St. Burlington | 2 miles | Register
- Tuesday, September 22 at 5:30 pm
Haw River Trail – Longmeadow Trail Head – 1120 Valley Dr. Graham | 2.5 miles | Register
- Tuesday, September 29 at 5:30 pm
Cedarock Park – 4242 R. Dean Coleman Rd. Burlington | 2.5 miles | Register
- Thursday, October 8 at 5:30 pm
Haw River Trail – Stoney Creek Marina Trail Head – 1758 Faulkner Dr. Burlington | 1.8 miles | Register
- Tuesday October 13 at 5:30 pm
Town & Country Park – 2999 Regent Park Ln. Burlington | 2 miles | Register
- Tuesday, October 20 at 5:15 pm
Guilford County Farm (Kiosk #2) – Amich Rd. Elon | 2 miles | Register
- **Fall Foliage Hike** Saturday, October 31 at 12:30 pm
Guilford Mackintosh Park & Marina – 1345 NC HWY 61, Whitsett | 3 miles | Register
Grab a friend and get out for a walkabout in the woods! These guided, small-group hikes will introduce you to various trails around Alamance County. Hikes are usually 1.5-2.5 miles long on natural surface trail over rolling terrain with an occasional steep hill or two. Wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes. Kids welcome with accompanying adult. Please leave your fur-children at home for these hikes.
Free, but registration required! You can register for just 1 or all of the hikes! Additional information will be emailed to registered participants a day before each hike.
Health and safety protocols for group hikes with Burlington Recreation and Parks:
1. Do not attend if you are sick or have been around someone who is.
2. It’s strongly encouraged you NOT participate if you are 65 years or older or have an underlying medical condition per CDC guidelines.
3. Participants and staff are required to wear masks during check-in and as the group gathers before the hike. Once hiking and social distanced on the trail, masks will not be required.
4. During the hike, participants and staff will keep a social distance of at least 6 feet.
5. Participants and staff are encouraged to wash or sanitize hands before and after hiking.
6. Group size is limited to 12. Pre-registration required. No walk-ups allowed.