Today’s post is for the Reality TV Geek in us all. Oh … you say you don’t watch reality TV? OK, then stop reading. Now. I am serious. Go to the top of our website and click on the food category, or health, or education, and find an article that will stimulate your brain. Because if you stay here and keep reading this, you will roll your eyes, gag, and probably want to throw your computer out the window. Why? Because it is about to get ALL REALITY UP IN HERE!
Now, for those of you who have subjected yourselves to the past few years of reality trash, and even for those of us who have watched reality even when it wasn’t trashy, today is your time to shine. I have always loved reality TV. We have been Survivor Fans since Richard Hatch walked the island nude, and I watched MTV’s Real World back when we all had a crush on Aaron the surfer.
Many people say they have better things to do with their time. Well guess what? I do, too, but in my old age, I have decided that during my downtime in the evenings, I like to watch trashy TV while I work on the computer. And according to our “How Often Do You …” survey
, it seems that many of you like the mindless television as well. The downfall is that we still
don’t have DVR, so the reason I have ended up watching so many different reality shows is because I just watch whatever is on during my one or two “down time” hours. This means that many times I will watch an entire season of a show, only to miss the final episode because I had plans that evening! But lucky for me, stations like Oxygen, MTV and Bravo will play the same episode over and over again, so I can always catch up! They know where our priorities are, right? :)So what I want to know is what are your guiltiest pleasures when it comes to Reality TV? Are you a wholesome fan who watches Extreme Home Makeover and Cake Boss, or are you into the trash of all trash like Bad Girls Club and the Jersey Shore? I personally like a mix of them all, but there are a ton of shows out there that I still have not taken the time to watch. So, comment below with your faves so we can watch along with you next time!
Now, for the REALLY fun part! I have a quiz for you below. I did a little research and have gathered some famous quotes and cast members from reality shows and created a quiz for our readers. The first person to comment on this blog and match the correct names of the shows with all 25 quotes, will be deemed the QUEEN of REALITY and will take home a set of four tickets for your family to enjoy the Barnum & Bailey Circus next week! (That is my way of helping you get out of the house, spend some time with your family, and stop corrupting your brain with this reality smut!) Or, if no one gets all 25 right, the person who answered the most correctly by Friday will be the winner!So good luck! Comment below with your reality rants, raves, reviews and/or answers to the quiz! 🙂
1. “It’s T-shirt time”
2. “My husband called me in the middle of the night and told me he was done with our marriage.”
3. “Dawg, that was da bomb!”
4. “Seven beautiful women stand before me, but only six of you will remain in the running …”
5. “Next week on the most dramatic ceremony of the season …”
6. “You are the last team to arrive. You have been eliminated.”
7. “I AM paying attention! You were *$#&#& engaged nineteen times!”
8. “Steven and I are dunzo.”
9. Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper and Alison Sweeney
10. Aubrey, Aundrea, Dawn, Shannon and Wanita
11. Kelli Finglass, Judy Tramell, and a whole bunch of wanna be cheerleaders
12. Baby Lyssa, Leland and Beth
13. “The first true reality show, this series follows seven strangers as they share a house and interact with one another for several months”
14. “Please go to the confessional and cast your vote for the convicted house guest.”
15. “Da da da da da da, this is the Amber Show. Hi, I’m Amber, and I’m Amber!”
16. “Who will you vote for, Twitch, Will, Kherington, or Chelsea?”
17. “Audrina, guess what? Justin Bobby is here.”
18. “Welcome home Smith Family, welcome home.”
19. “By giving away that idol, he just made the dumbest mistake in the history of this show.”
20. “Give me the keys to the salon. I’m taking over.”
21. “It’s Go Time!”
22. As Heidi says, “Your’e Out”
23. Dr. Drew, Kari Ann, Dennis Rodman
24. Daisy, Brandi, Angelique, Lacey, Rodeo and Destiney
25. Paris and NicoleIf you are commenting to enter the contest, please include your full name so we can contact you if you are the winner.