It’s here! The 4th Annual TMoM Choice Awards contest kicks off TODAY! This contest celebrates all things mom-related in the Triad. Our readers are on a quest to nominate the best of the best in categories ranging from the Best Gift Shop to the Best Daycare to the Best Sports Program.
There are TWO PHASES of this contest – the nomination period and the final voting period. Any business can be nominated, but only the ones with the most nominations will move to the final voting round. We have listened to the feedback of our readers and have made a few changes. We will have 30 categories, which have been tweaked according to feedback and we have also decided to award three winners in most categories so that each major Triad area will have a winner.
Triad areas will be grouped as follows:
Greensboro, Burlington & Surrounding Areas
Kernersville, High Point & Surrounding Areas
Winston-Salem, Clemmons & Surrounding Areas
Please take a moment to read our timeline and instructions carefully below. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Most importantly, sign up for our newsletter NOW! Only newsletter subscribers will receive the link to participate in the nomination portion of the contest. The first newsletter with the nomination link will be sent out via email this afternoon, so you won’t want to miss it. (Enter your email address here to subscribe.) We will send the link to nominate two more times over the nomination phase of the contest just in case you sign up after the first newsletter has been distributed.
2014 Choice Awards Timeline
(*Please note: Just because a business is nominated, that does not mean it will automatically listed in the final voting round! Only the top three businesses in each Triad area with the most nominations will move on as finalists in
the voting round.)
Wednesday, February 5 & 12 – Nomination link will be sent out again in our weekly newsletter.
Friday, February 14 – Nominations end
Feb 14 – Feb 24 – Nominations are tallied
Tuesday, February 25 – The top three finalists for each Triad area in each category are announced in today’s blog.
These finalists are the businesses that received the highest number of nominations.
Today’s newsletter and today’s daily blog will include a survey link to vote.
Finalist voting begins!
Feb 25- March 21 – Finalist voting takes place
Friday, March 21 – Voting ends
Tuesday, March 25 – Winners are published on site and in our weekly newsletter.
(One winner from each major Triad area.)
This timeline along with last year’s winners can always be found by clicking the Choice Awards teal tab at the top of the website.
2. Favorite Local Children’s Clothing Store/Boutique
3. Favorite Local Women’s Clothing Store/Boutique
4. Favorite Seasonal Children’s Consignment Sale
5. Favorite Consignment Store (clothing and/or furniture)
6. Favorite Salon and/or Spa
7. Favorite Restaurant for a Ladies Lunch
8. Favorite Restaurant for a Date Night
9. Favorite Kid-Friendly Restaurant
10. Favorite Sweets Shop (fro-yo, ice cream, cupcakes, candy, etc.)
11. Favorite Local Gift Shop
12. Favorite Health & Wellness Facility or Service (gym, health club, nutritionist, trainer, etc)
13. Favorite Local Photographer
14. Favorite Home Improvement Business (interior design, contractor, builder, etc)
15. Favorite Local Realtor/Agent
16. Favorite OB/Gyn Doctor
17. Favorite Family or Pediatric Dentist
18. Favorite Family Orthodontist
19. Favorite Pediatrician
20. Favorite Private School
21. Favorite Preschool
22. Favorite Child Care Facility or Service (including Before/After School Care)
23. Favorite Summer Camp
24. Favorite Child Enrichment Program (dance, language, music, art, theater, etc)
25. Favorite Child Sports Program or Facility
26. Favorite Rainy Day Destination for Kids
27. Favorite Place to Board and/or Groom Your Pet
28. Favorite Local Mompreneur (Mom who has started her own business)
These two categories will only have one Triad-wide winner:
29. Favorite Triad Family Event
30. Favorite Local Print Publication