By TMoM Team Member Rachel Hoeing
Our 11th Annual TMoM Choice Awards contest kicks off TODAY! This contest celebrates all things parent-related in the Triad. We ask our readers to nominate the best of the best in categories ranging from fun activities to businesses & services.
The link to the nomination form is at the bottom of this post.
There are TWO PHASES of this contest – the nomination period and the final voting period. The nomination period begins today. Any business can be nominated, but only the ones with the most nominations will move to the final voting round. The final voting round will include the top three businesses in each city/category. After the final voting round is complete, we will award one category winner per area once again.
Triad areas will be grouped as follows:
Greensboro, Burlington & Surrounding Areas
Kernersville, High Point & Surrounding Areas
Winston-Salem, Clemmons & Surrounding Areas
Please take a moment to read our timeline and instructions carefully below. (Enter your email address HERE to subscribe to our newsletter and get reminders of contest nomination and voting periods.)
The 2021 Choice Awards Contest Dates
Jan. 27, 2021 – Nominating begins! Watch for the nomination link in our blog and newsletter.
Feb 5, 2021 – Nominations close at midnight
Feb 10, 2021 – The top 3 finalists for each Triad area in each category are announced in today’s blog and in our newsletter. Finalist voting begins.
Feb 19, 2021 – Finalist voting ends at midnight
Feb 24, 2021 – Winners are announced on our site and in a special newsletter delivered this day.
We have listened to the feedback from our fans and have tweaked our category list just a bit from last year. We are excited to present the new list to you below!
2021 Choice Awards Categories
- Favorite Playground or Park
- Favorite Spot for a Moms’ Night Out (activity, brewery, restaurant, etc)
- Favorite Mission-Driven Non-Profit
- Favorite Birthday Party Venue/Service
- Favorite Summer Camp
- Favorite Child Arts & Enrichment Program (dance, theater, art classes, etc)
- Favorite Child Sports Program or Facility
- Favorite Rainy Day Destination for Kids
- Favorite Place to Take Your Tween or Teen for Fun
- Favorite Sweets Shop (bakery, dessertery, cupcake shop, ice cream shop, yogurt shop, etc)
- Favorite Local Photographer
- Favorite Independent/Private School
- Favorite Preschool
- Favorite Child Care Facility or Service
- Favorite Children’s Clothing Store/Boutique
- Favorite Women’s Clothing Store/Boutique
- Favorite Seasonal Consignment Sale
- Favorite Consignment Store (clothing or furniture)
- Favorite Gift Shop
- Favorite Salon/Spa
- Favorite Restaurant for Breakfast/Brunch
- Favorite Restaurant for a Date Night
- Favorite Winery
- Favorite Kid-Friendly Restaurant
- Favorite Fitness/Exercise Facility
- Favorite Health & Wellness Business (nutritional & holistic businesses, counseling practices, chiropractors, etc )
- Favorite Family or Pediatric Dentist
- Favorite Family Orthodontist
- Favorite Pediatrician
- Favorite OB/Gyn Doctor
- Favorite Local Realtor
*Most categories ask for a nomination for each Triad area. You are not required to make a nomination for every area or every category, but we do ask that you enter a nomination for at least five different categories throughout the survey.
* In order to keep consistency and fairness to all those nominated, we will not be allowing “teams” or “partners” to be nominated for medical and realtor categories. Each of those categories will ask for one professional.
* Only one nomination form per email address will be accepted. Ballot loading can be detected, and those nominations will be disqualified.
Want to stay on top of the latest news and announcement with the Choice Awards? Subscribe to our free weekly newsletters here.