By Aimee Williams, YMCA Mistletoe Race Director
For 30 years, the YMCA Mistletoe Fun Run, 5K, and Half Marathon has been a healthy, festive tradition in our community. We are lacing up for another great event on Saturday, December 7, presented by local law firm Bell, Davis & Pitt, P.A.
Here are five of the top reasons to join us on race day:
1. The cause. The YMCA Mistletoe Run is dedicated to fighting childhood obesity in our community, where 41% of children in Forsyth County are considered overweight or obese – more than twice the national average. Proven programs like the Y’s Healthy, Fit and Strong help educate kids and families on how to live healthier.
2. The course. The beautiful course travels through Winston-Salem’s Buena Vista, Graylyn and Wake Forest areas. Families, first-time runners and walkers, and serious athletes are all welcome.
3. Festive costumes. We encourage Santa hats, elf tights – anything and everything you want to wear to get in the holiday spirit. You might even spot the Mistletoe Man!
4. Free childcare for race participants. While you run or walk the events, your kids (age 3 months and older) will have fun in the bounce houses, playing games, and participating in other awesome activities. Children under age 3 must be pre-registered by calling 721-2100.
5. The post-race party. Come for the Run …but stay for some FUN sponsored by Novant Health! Free for all ages. Join us in the Y’s gym, as well as under the tent in the West End Parking Lot, for music, food, and fun!
Have additional questions? Visit our FAQ here. Registration is going on now at the William G. White, Jr. Family YMCA and online at www.ymcamistletoe.org, with limited registration on race day. Don’t forget to stay in the loop at Facebook.com/YMCAMistletoeRun.
Sponsored by the YMCA of NWNC