By Guest Blogger Catherine Cottingham
What’s better than sitting on a patio during the summer and fall months? Now more than ever, everyone seems to be opting to eat outside, and especially at places that are kid friendly so the whole family can enjoy the sunshine!
Below are my personal top ten patios to get the whole family out and enjoy the gorgeous weather. This list pulls together spots throughout the Triad that have great food, drinks, and an atmosphere that kids will enjoy too!
1) Village Tavern (Greensboro and Winston-Salem)- This is a great place if you are looking for delicious specials, drink specials (wine Wednesday), and a large patio for social distancing. They even serve brunch on Sunday mornings. My favorite part? They have specials for everyday – drinks for the adults and $2 off pizza or tacos depending on the day for kids! Click here to visit them online.
2) World of Beer (Greensboro) – If you are looking for a patio that is completely covered with fans. This one is great! It is also low key which is perfect for kids to have fun and enjoy eating out. If your family also includes a cute four-legged dog like mine does plan an outing on Sundays. When your dog goes with you, your table receives a free pretzel (it’s delicious). Don’t worry they bring the pup some water, so they are happy too! My favorite part? The pretzel – get it with beer cheese. Click here to visit them online.
3) Burger Warfare (Greensboro) – This is a local treat that just added a really cool patio. The covered portions are shipping containers that have been repurposed. The walls are painted with awesome murals that every kid will love seeing! My favorite part? The over the top milkshakes, you can even get one with a doughnut on top. Click here to visit them online. (NOTE: This location recently closed temporarily due to an employee testing positive for Covid. Watch their site for reopening dates.) *The image at top of blog was taken here.
4) Rio Grande (Greensboro) – Margaritas, and sunshine? What’s a better combination? Rio Grande is by far my favorite Mexican place in Greensboro. They just moved locations to a bigger patio with umbrella tables. The patio has a bit of greenery around it which gives a nice privacy feeling in such a busy part of town. Favorite part? The staff. They always go above and beyond. Click here to visit them online.
5) The Porch (Winston-Salem) – I couldn’t have just one Mexican place on the list. This is a local hotspot so make sure to give yourself time for the wait. Their food is tex-mex style with everything from your favorite Mexican staples to burgers. The food is an absolute treat and I would highly suggest it to anyone. My favorite part? The three amigos appetizer. Click here to visit them online.
6) Mellow Mushroom (Greensboro and Winston-Salem) – I couldn’t have a complete list without a pizza spot. Both locations have patio areas. The restaurant has a cool psychedelic vibe that kids will love and their pizzas are all homemade. They also have a gluten free pizza option and build your own salads. My favorite part? The buffalo chicken pizza or the pretzel appetizer I can’t decide! Click here to visit them online.
7) Steak Street (High Point) – This is a good classic American food spot. This location is easy to get to, and will make everyone in the family happy. Their patio is adorable at night with all the lighting the have in their greenery. My favorite part? The wine list! Click here to visit them online.
8) Natty Greene’s Downtown (Greensboro) – This local spot recently got a redo inside and it looks amazing however they also have a fun patio to people watch downtown. They brew all their beer locally and their menu is great for adults and kids alike. It’s the perfect stop while you downtown during the weekend. My favorite part? Being downtown and the wildflower beer. Click here to visit them online.
9) The Well Truck at Summerfield Farms (Right outside of Greensboro) – If your kids love to run and roam this is the place for you. This isn’t technically a patio but it’s all outside and they have tables set up for customers’ use. Their well truck serves delicious drinks Wednesday through Sunday (be sure to check the hours), and three times a week they have food trucks so you can plan a meal there too. Another great part? Since they have so much space, they are still able to host live music events. My favorite part? The open space, I can’t get enough of it right now! Click here to visit them online.
10) Stonefield Cellars Winery (Right outside of Greensboro)- While this place may cater more to the adults than the kids, it’s certainly kid friendly. I met friends their recently and between us we had 3 boys under 6 months. The staff was more than welcoming even ensuring we had a table in the shade and helped us out with our wine tastings. They have snacks there that you can purchase, and they sell other beverages for those under 21. The boys’ favorite part? The chickens! Click here to visit them online.
If you have a little one like me, you can grab a stroller fan on amazon for under $20 to hook onto their stroller to keep them cool. Or of course you can get yourself one too.
Enjoy the sunshine mommas!
Want to see more blogs like this and get notifications on local events and happenings? Subscribe to Triad Moms on Main’s free weekly newsletters here.