By Guest Blogger Sarah, age 10
I love to cook. It is my dream. That is why I want to have a restaurant too so that I can make that dream come true. I even have a food blog!
Here are some easy recipes that I cook with my mom that are easy and fun for kids. They are also peanut and gluten free because we have food allergies!
- 2-3 cut and mashed ripe avocados
- ¼ cup onions (finely chopped)
- 1 can Rotel
- 2-4 drops lime juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- Get out all your ingredients.
- Get out a cutting board, a medium bowl, a can opener, measuring cups, a sharp knife, and a spoon.
- On your cutting board cut your avocados in half, take out the seed, and squeeze the inside of the avocado into the bowl. Smash up the avocado together in the bowl.
- Start finely chopping your onions to fill ¼ measuring cup, when your done put them in the bowl.
- Put your sour cream in the bowl next.
- Drain the can of Rotel and then put it in the bowl.
- Use the spoon to stir around the ingredients.
- If you are planning on saving it for later put a few drops of lime juice in there and put it in the refrigerator.
Now you know my guacamole recipe and I think this goes great with chips and pork tacos.
The next easy recipe you can make is one my mom and I found online & changed up a little. We really liked it.
- ½ cup white grape juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup Sprite
- Maraschino cherries and/or orange slices
- Mix ingredients per glass
- Add ice cubes & enjoy!
This drink really goes with almost anything. The kids sangria is really good and does not have any caffeine.
I got this recipe from Mi-Del’s gluten-free graham style pie crust package.
- One 8 oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. confectioner’s sugar
- 1 can cherries
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, add sugar, mix well. Add sour cream and vanilla then mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks begin to form. Beat in confectioner’s sugar until peaks forms; do not overbeat. Fold whipped cream into prepared bowl from large bowl.
- Spoon into graham style pie crust.
- Refrigerate for four hours before serving.
- Serve with cherries on top
This dessert can also have chocolate syrup, whipped cream, caramel, or berries on it instead of cherries.
I hope you enjoyed the recipes I picked out!
Want to see more blogs like this and get notifications on local events and happenings? Subscribe to TMoM’s free weekly newsletters here.