By Guest Blogger Ed Jones
Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School is located in Winston-Salem. OLM features small class sizes, excellent academics, individual attention, sports and extracurricular programs for grades Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- We are a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private schools based on their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. The National Blue Ribbon School insignia is a widely recognized symbol of exemplary teaching and learning.
- Our Lady of Mercy offers the only fully licensed 5-star Catholic pre-K program in the Triad. The 5-star rating is based on two key components: program standards and staff education.
- Our faculty is exceptional. Our experienced and dedicated teachers inspire students to become passionate, well-rounded, and highly principled individuals who know they are loved and have a purpose to serve in our world.
- 50 percent of Mercy students in the fourth through the eighth grade qualify for the Duke University Talent Identification Program (Duke TIP). Our students also consistently score well above the diocesan median for both writing tests and the Stanford 10 achievement test series.
- We are a community of faith, hope, and love. By integrating the teachings of the Catholic Church throughout the curriculum and school activities, we build a community of faith, hope, and love and create an atmosphere of care, concern, and respect.
- Technology is integrated into the curriculum. We have interactive whiteboards in all of our classrooms, and our students have access to Chromebooks, giving them new ways to learn concepts and practice skills.
- Mercy students learn life skills both inside and outside of the classroom. Our Buddy Program pairs our middle schoolers with our youngest students, encouraging responsibility and creating role models. The Helping Hands of Mercy groupfosters a life-long commitment to service and social awareness, and our students learn the foundations of leadership.
- OLM School is beautifully diverse: 33 percent of our student population is Asian, Hispanic, or African American.
- OLM students are better prepared for high school. Our rigorous curriculum instills a love of learning in our students, skillfully preparing them to move on to any high school they choose with self-confidence and poise. Most of our graduates perform among the top 10 percent of high school students in advanced level courses.
- Parental involvement is a very important part of our school program and philosophy. We ask for parents to be involved as much as possible to enrich our students’ experiences. Parents may participate in many ways: being a grade parent, or a field trip driver, or just helping with occasional classroom parties or projects, and providing contributions of needed items. In addition, events are planned throughout the year to bring the home and school community together such as the fall festival, the Christmas pageant, athletics events, and many others.
- We become an extension of your family. As a poster in our lobby says, “We respect each other. We encourage one another. We laugh often. We belong. We are a Mercy family.”
- OLM School is not just for Catholics. We welcome families of all faiths.
- Tuition assistance is available in two ways: through the NC Opportunity Scholarship, and directly from Our Lady of Mercy School.
What Triad-Area Moms Have to Say about OLM School
“Our Lady of Mercy is an amazing school! The administration, teachers, and staff have created a loving and caring environment that challenges students academically, while also teaching the importance of being respectful, kind, responsible, and faithful. OLM is truly a special place!” – Amanda, top administrator at a local university
“Two children and a combined 12 years later, I can’t say enough about this school. If you want your children to excel in high school, there is no better place to be prepared. The values of kindness, love, and mercy are instilled in the school culture so it is a healthy and productive place to learn.” – Kathy, independent educational consultant
“I’ve been teaching in the same grade for nearly 21 years and I wouldn’t change my grade or school. Love the children who attend, love the parents who sacrifice to send their children to us, love the staff, and love my principal. We ARE a Blue Ribbon School.” – Dianne, teacher at OLM School
Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School
1730 Link Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Follow us on Facebook!
January 9, 2020, 5pm-7pm;
January 28, 2020, 9am-11:30am;
February 20, 2020, 5pm-7pm
- Sponsored by Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School