By Katie Moosbrugger
Our 9th Annual TMoM Choice Awards contest kicks off TODAY! This contest celebrates all things parent-related in the Triad. We ask our readers to nominate the best of the best in categories ranging from restaurants to summer camps.
The link to the nomination form is near the bottom of this post.
There are TWO PHASES of this contest – the nomination period and the final voting period. The nomination period begins today. Any business can be nominated, but only the ones with the most nominations will move to the final voting round. The final voting round will include the top three businesses in each city/category. After the final voting round is complete, we will award one category winner per area once again.
Triad areas will be grouped as follows:
Greensboro, Burlington & Surrounding Areas
Kernersville, High Point & Surrounding Areas
Winston-Salem, Clemmons & Surrounding Areas
Please take a moment to read our timeline and instructions carefully below. (Enter your email address here to subscribe to our newsletter and get reminders of contest nomination and voting periods.)
2019 Choice Awards Timeline
Jan. 30, 2019 – Nominating begins! Watch for the nomination link in today’s blog and newsletter. (Sign up for our newsletter here.)
Feb 7, 2019 – Nominations close at midnight
Feb 13, 2019 – The top 3 finalists for each Triad area in each category are announced in today’s blog and in our newsletter. Finalist voting begins.
Feb 22, 2019 – Finalist voting ends at midnight
Feb 27, 2019 – Winners are announced on our site and in a special newsletter delivered this day
Our team took some time to review previous contests and take into account the popularity of categories in addition to the feedback we have received from our readers. In turn, we have added new categories and deleted some as well. The categories for 2019 will be as follows:
- Favorite Annual Family Event
- Favorite Preschool
- Favorite Private School
- Favorite Child Care Facility or Service
- Favorite Summer Camp
- Favorite Child Arts & Enrichment Program
- Favorite Child Sports Program or Facility
- Favorite Rainy Day Destination for Kids
- Favorite Place to Take Your Tween or Teen for Fun
- Favorite Tourist Attraction
- Favorite Local Photographer
- Favorite Mission-Driven Non-Profit
- Favorite Place to Board/Groom Your Pet
- Favorite Family or Pediatric Dentist
- Favorite Family Orthodontist
- Favorite Pediatrician
- Favorite OB/Gyn Doctor or Midwife
- Favorite Doula
- Favorite Local Realtor
- Favorite Children’s Clothing Store/Boutique
- Favorite Women’s Clothing Store/Boutique
- Favorite Seasonal Children’s Consignment Sale
- Favorite Consignment Store (clothing or furniture)
- Favorite Gift Shop
- Favorite Salon/Spa
- Favorite Restaurant for Breakfast/Brunch
- Favorite Restaurant for a Date Night
- Favorite Kid-Friendly Restaurant
- Favorite Sweets Shop
- Favorite Health & Wellness Business
- Favorite Birthday Party Venue/Service
- Favorite Spot for a Moms’ Night Out
- Favorite Playground or Park
Click HERE to submit your nominations!
*Most categories ask for a nomination for each Triad area. You are not required to make a nomination for every area or every category, but we do ask that you enter a nomination for at least five different categories throughout the survey.
* In order to keep consistency and fairness to all those nominated, we will not be allowing “teams” or “partners” to be nominated for medical and realtor categories. Each of those categories will ask for one professional.
* Only one nomination form per email address will be accepted. Ballot loading can be detected, and those nominations will be disqualified.
Want to stay on top of the latest news and announcement with the Choice Awards? Subscribe to our free weekly newsletters here.