By Guest Blogger Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg
So your general dentist told you it is time for your child to see an Orthodontist, DON’T PANIC. He will probably give you names of local orthodontists that he respects, but how do you choose? Here are some tips and things to look for to help you make the best decision for you and your family.
Orthodontists are very different and your experience will vary based on;
- Where they are trained?
- What technique they use?
- What type of orthodontic appliances they prefer?
- Is the facility state-of-the art?
- How is the personality and people skills of the doctor and staff who will see your child for the next 18-30 months?
Here are four things you will want to consider when choosing an orthodontist and how they compare to our practice:
1. What is the experience and reputation of the doctor’s and practice? At Davis & Goldberg Orthodontics, Dr. Davis has been creating beautiful smiles for over 41 years in the High Point – Greensboro area. Dr. Goldberg has been practicing for 6 years and is a Premiere Invisalign provider. Our staff members average over 15 years’ experience in our practice which shows how much they love their job, which enables them to exude excellence in their work.
2. Is the facility and technology modern and up-to-date? At Davis & Goldberg Orthodontics, we use the most advanced digital x-rays and treatment planning software on Apple computers. We use the latest space age wires and special appliances to correct even the toughest jaw and bite issues.
3. Is the treatment made affordable by a reasonable payment plan? A well-run practice will have multiple payment options to allow for a simple plan that fits almost any budget. In our office we strongly feel that anyone who wants treatment in our state-of –the-art, friendly and professional office should have that option and not be limited by set financial contracts. We are on your side, and will work with you to find the right payment plan that fits into your financial needs.
4. Is it easy to schedule appointments? At Davis & Goldberg Orthodontics, we know your time is valuable and how hard it can be to miss work to bring your child to our office. That’s why we created a van service. We work with over 30 schools to utilize our van service to pick up your child at school, bring them to their appointment and return them back to school. Our philosophy is to treat our patients like family and make it our mission to always make our patients feel loved and welcomed.
These are a few of our most common questions and answers:
The American Association of Orthodontist recommends that children be seen by an Orthodontist around the age of 7 to be sure there are no significant growth problems that need to be addressed early. This does not mean they need treatment, but some do.
Are braces all the same?
All braces are used for the same purpose, as they act like a handle on a tooth so the orthodontist can move each tooth with a light force wire into its proper position. Many types of braces exist and some will claim that one is better than another, and they may be depending on the case, but each orthodontist decides which brackets are best to accomplish the job.
What are clear braces?
Traditional bracers are made of stainless steel. An alternative is clear or ceramic braces, which can be placed for patients who prefer a more esthetic option, as they are less noticeable. Overall, clear braces are just as effective as metal braces.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign trays are very similar to a clear retainer, but the tooth movements are built into a series of clear plastic aligners that you change every 2-3 weeks. It is a state-of-the-art process where the doctor uses a highly technical computer program to map out tooth movements using a digital impression of your mouth and customizes your treatment one tray at a time.
At Davis & Goldberg Orthodontics, we are Premiere Level Invisalign providers indicating our extensive experience treating both adults and teenagers with this newest approach to orthodontics. In the right cases it can be a pleasant and esthetically pleasing approach to getting a beautiful smile.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to visit us at www.davisgoldbergorthodontics.com or at one of our offices in High Point or Greensboro. Mention you heard about us through this blog and we will add our full diagnostic records to our complimentary consult at no fee until July 30, 2016 ($300 value). We love being in the smile business and it shows.
*Sponsored by Davis & Goldberg Orthodontics