By TMoM Team Member Rachel Hoeing
Career Center is an amazing community of educators and students right in the heart of Winston-Salem. It serves as an extension of the regular high school programs and is available to all students in WSFCS. Students maintain their affiliation with their home high schools while they complete their choice of Career Center courses. Students may choose to spend the entire day at Career Center, or enroll in select classes for just a portion of their day.
The environment is like no other and offers a perfect stepping stone to a future of university, community college, or immediate employment after graduation. The academic environment is challenging and teachers are personable, knowledgeable, and dedicated.
At Career Center, students are offered unique learning opportunities and may choose Advanced Placement, Career Technical, regular curriculum, or specialty courses.
Five reasons your high school student should enroll in classes at Career Center:
- Easy access with transportation for all WSFCS high school students.
- Wide variety of course offerings including 31 AP courses, and 15 CTE courses.
- Diverse community of administration, faculty, and students from all over the county.
- Successful students who consistently score higher than state and national averages on CTE and AP exams.
- Specialized facility with state-of-the-art equipment for hands-on labs. The facility is less than 10 years old and is centrally located in Winston-Salem.
Parents and students alike are invited to watch this video to learn firsthand why students are excited about their experiences at Career Center. For additional information, visit the Prospective Students page HERE.
Career Center hosts a series of virtual Town Hall meetings with Principal, Dr. Nancy Martinez, and representatives from their various departments and programs. This is a great opportunity to meet the faculty, learn about the school, and ask questions! The next Town Hall will be held on January 21, 2021 at 5:30pm. Mark your calendar!
You are also invited to attend the Virtual Open House on January 28, 2021. Information on the event will be included on this page.
Visit the website at wsfcs.k12.nc.us/Page/1450 to find even more information on Career Center, its students, and its faculty.
- Sponsored by Career Center