By Guest Blogger Anna Keller
Spring is officially here! After all that cold rain we’ve had over the past several weeks – not to mention the crazy snow earlier this year – it’s just time. Majorly time.
Lucky for us, we live in a place we love (Winston-Salem), and with warmer weather comes several favorite activities for me (and things I love doing with my family as well). Here are a handful of things I’m looking forward to this spring!:
1. Playing at Dinosaur Park in Washington Park. Maggie and I love this tucked-away playground in Washington Park, and when the sun finally decides to stick around for a few days in a row, I can’t wait to get her back there to play. (As the name suggests, the park has dinosaurs integrated into the play structures, making it extra special.)
2. Village Juice smoothies. Okay, so I enjoy these all year long, but there’s nothing quite like a delicious, packed-full-of-goodness smoothie on a warm spring day. My 2-year-old daughter, Maggie, LOVES these as well, and they have kids’ sizes which are perfect for her. My go-to Village Juice smoothie order? Mint Chip with hemp protein added. YUM.
3. Attending Winston-Salem Dash baseball games. We’re lucky to have such a great ball field here in Winston, and starting on April 11 we’ll be able to head over to take in some Dash games!
4. Flower arrangements from Dahlias Floral Design. Whether it’s a special occasion or just a regular Tuesday, there’s nothing like seasonal flowers to brighten everyone’s mood. For flowers in the Winston area, be sure to check out Dahlias in Clemmons (at 2626 Lewisville-Clemmons Road)!
5. Having picnics in Reynolda Village. There’s nothing like spending a lazy weekend afternoon at Reynolda Village when the weather is nice. There are beautiful walking and running options, and we love hanging out in the open field area just down from Pure Barre. We enjoy meeting up with friends, sharing a picnic lunch, and letting the kiddos run around.
6. Doing some local shopping at the Cobblestone Farmer’s Market in Old Salem. This market operates year round, but it will head back outside to Old Salem starting in the spring. It’s the perfect place to spend a Saturday morning!
7. Grabbing a couple of new outfits from bevello. bevello, located in Thruway shopping center right next to Trader Joe’s, is my favorite boutique in Winston-Salem. They always have a great selection of on-trend outfits and accessories, making it easy to find something new for an event or just to add to my everyday wardrobe. (I’ve been eyeing a wide-legged jumpsuit in their front window recently. I think it’s time to officially add it to my spring wardrobe!)