By Rachel Hoeing
If you are looking for a change of scenery, consider taking your family to Village Park in Kannapolis. It’s only about an hour from most parts of the Triad and will give your family an afternoon of fun together! One of the aspects that I liked best was the cleanliness and atmosphere. So welcoming and beautiful! It is a great place for a picnic, or a walk along the greenway. All attractions are handicap accessible, and it’s also a great place to bring your furry friends! (Pets are not allowed during special events and cannot be in the attraction areas.)
If you visit during the summer months, be sure to check their event calendar here. They have an amazing line up of live music, outdoor movies, and family fun.
One of the big highlights is the Splash Pad. Your children will love the water cannons and geysers! It opens Memorial Day weekend and runs through Labor Day Monday. Admission is only $1.50 per person playing in the water.
Your little ones will enjoy the Rotary Express Train! The train is usually open on the weekends beginning in April and then is open seven days a week beginning in June. It will stay open on weekends through October. Tickets to ride the train are $1.50 per person.
There is a beautiful and well maintained two-story carousel on the grounds as well. The music and colors will immediately make you smile! It is open seven days a week in the summer and stays open on the weekends through October. Tickets to ride the carousel are $1.50 per person.
There are great walking paths, as well as swings, a playground area, and a shelter. Perfect for a spring, summer, or fall day!
Other items to note:
- Concessions are available for sale when attractions are open.
- Village Park is open seven days a week from dawn to dusk, but as noted above, attraction hours vary by season. Visit www.kannapolisnc.gov or call 704-920-4343 for exact times of operation.
- For the attractions, children 12 months and under and free. There is a discounted rate of $1.25 with the purchase of 10 or more tickets.
- Children not potty trained must wear swim diapers while playing in the splash pad.
- The Park Building at Village Park can be rented out for special events and parties.
Find more Day Trip Ideas HERE!
Want to see more blogs like this and get notifications on local events and happenings? Subscribe to our free weekly newsletters here.